Thursday, June 10, 2010

Razzie50 gets entry #13! Thanks for the Ju Ju Be Be Right Back Review!

I just had to write a review about the Ju Ju Be BeRightBack because I love it so much. I bought one in early 2009 as my first “proper” JJB purchase (after a couple of accessories). Before this I was using a Mamas and Papas bag that matched our pushchair but it just didn’t work for us as cloth nappy users, it was far too small. A couple of mums on a baby website recommended JJB.
So my Perky Perennials BRB arrived and changed everything! The obsession began; I joined the Pink Room forum and never looked back. Stupidly I swapped the BRB for another JJB (and others in between – Packabe, Between, MiniBe…) and it has taken till a couple of months ago for me to get another, in Sienna Swirls with champagne lining *yum*, and I wish I’d had it all along.

My son is now 17 months old. He goes to nursery all day on 3 days a week so I have to pack 4 cloth nappies and a wet bag, 1 disposable nappy, spare clothes (in a JJB wardrobe station), coat, nappy cream, suntan lotion and hat.



This photo shows the main pocket with the wardrobe station, nappy in the elastic straps, jacket, hat and lotion. There's also a few little items in the mesh pocket underneath the nappy



I love the bottom pocket of the bag because it fits the cloth nappies and wet bag, leaving the main pocket for everything else.



Another cute little feature is the brag pocket where you can put your photos of your children. My photo is of my son William about an hour after he was born! It also shows the flap pocket that closes with a smart magnet - they're super strong and find their way shut with no fiddling, and much quieter than velcro! This pocket fits my huggies travel wipes case nicely

I also use this bag for days out and can fit food, sippy cups, the odd toy, reins and more in! The mega mess shuttle is great for wet/soiled clothes.

The backpack straps are so comfortable and I love how the change pad sits behind, adding more padding to your back. The fact that it has a grab handle on top makes it the best JJB, it’s just so much easier to use.

I love the fact that the bag is machine washable. I’ve washed it by tying it inside a pillowcase to protect the bling and just running a normal cycle. I’ve also cleaned up the odd mark using a paste of bicarbonate of soda and dish washing liquid – scrub it on with a toothbrush and then wash the bag as normal. The fabric is so hardwearing it can take the scrubbing and comes up like new

I like that it’s from the “Premier” JJB line so it has the metal feet – I can put it down outside without worrying about getting it dirty. No need to baby these bags, they stay looking good anyway, but it's always good for the resale value!
We use the stroller clips on our Jane Nomad. If it is stuffed it can stick out a bit on this pushchair so you can kick it a bit when walking but you could easily just wear it on your back. It can make the pushchair a bit tippy when it’s really full too


My husband doesn’t quite understand the JJB obsession but he does tolerate it, and he does understand that this bag is great for us! Here he is being a good sport with the BRB on the pushchair, and the Zany Zinnias fuel cell and Dizzy Daisies Be Quick!

I can honestly recommend any of the JJB bags for their smart features and beautiful prints, but the BeRightBack is by far my favourite. Just buy one, but if you join the Pink Room watch your wallet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.littledudesanddivas.com